Hartley Wintney Community Bus FAQ
- The Community Bus is run by Hartley Wintney Parish Council. It is a locally owned and operated not-for-profit service to make public transportation available to all residents and local organisations within the Parish who would otherwise not have access to transport.
- The service seeks to re-instate some of the bus services lost to both Hartley Wintney and adjacent local parishes through the withdrawal of the service 100 and service 82 in February 2014
It is available to all residents of the Parish and adjoining villages as well as residents in Hook, Yateley, Frogmore, and Blackwater. Commuters arriving at Winchfield Station who work in the Parish are also able to use the Service.
Only ‘Assistance’ dogs are permitted on the bus.
- Everyone using the commuter service or the door to door service will need to register before they use the Community Bus Service. Registration is FREE. You can do this at the Parish Council Office, by telephone (01252 849712) or online at www.hartleywintney.org.uk. For users of the timetabled shopper service on a Monday, Friday and Saturday registration is optional but recommended so we can keep you up to date with any changes to the service.
- Fares will need to be paid to the driver on the bus for each trip. The only exception to this is the commuter services to and from Winchfield Station where pre-paid season tickets may be used. Season tickets will be available to purchase on line at www.hartleywintney.org.uk. Bus passes may be used from 1st February 2014 on the timetabled shopper services on a Monday, Friday and Saturday.
You will only need to book if you require a door-to door bus service for which we ask you to pre-book with a minimum 48 hours notice. No booking are required for timetabled services.
- The bus provides seven commuter services a day, Monday to Friday, for Winchfield Station at peak hours. In addition it provides shopper services to Hook and “The Meadows” Camberley on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we offer door to door services for limited mobility users.
- The vehicle is also be available for local groups and voluntary organisations to hire outside of the normal operating hours.
- A detailed timetable is available from the Parish Council Office and on this website.
- All fares will be for single trips. The fares start from £1.
- Children under 5 years of age can travel free of charge when accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Half price fares are available for children between 5 – 16 years of age.
- From 1st February 2014 we will be able to offer travel FREE of charge to holders of a valid bus pass. This is only available on the Monday, Friday and Saturday timetabled daytime shopper services. All other routes are fare paying only.
- Details of all fares are available from the Parish Council Office.
Yes, however please advise the Parish Office in advance where possible as the driver will need to remove seating to accommodate wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- Be clear in your requirements at the time of booking and allow time in your journey for unforeseen delays.
- Tell booking staff of any special equipment you use or carry that may affect the transport that is provided for you.
- Be ready to be picked up at the appointed time.
- Don’t ask the driver to take you to or pick you up from a place other than that agreed at the time of booking.
- Try and have the correct change for the fare.
- Be prepared to store shopping, walking aids or other luggage in a place away from your seat. This is essential so that gangways don’t become blocked and items don’t end up rolling around the vehicle.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
Comments or complaints
For all queries, comments and complaints please contact:
Community Bus Administrator
Hartley Wintney Parish Council Office
West Green Road